March 2-19: Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday (and “Read Across America”) in style, and be entered for a chance to win this prize pack!
Entering is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Color and decorate your own top hat photo prop, using your imagination (Find the hat template on the Kids' blog, or get one at your local branch.),
- Snap a photo of yourself wearing that fancy new hat,
- Share the photo with us on Instagram (@fresnolibrary), Facebook (@fresnolibrary), and/or Twitter (@fcpl), using the hashtag #FCPLdrseuss
For your submission(s) to be eligible, you must:
- Share a picture of yourself wearing your decorated top hat, by 11:59 PM on 3/19, via Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter.
- Set your photo to "Public" for the duration of the contest.
- Enter as many photos as you like. Winner will be selected at random from among all entries received and notified via social media message.
Upon submitting a post that meets the guidelines established above, eligible followers will be entered in the drawing. The contest is open to all residents of Fresno County, with a Fresno County Public Library card/account, except Fresno County Public Library employees and their families. All contest entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM on 3/19. This contest is in no way sponsored or administered by any social media site. By entering, contest participants confirm they release Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter of responsibility for contest outcomes, and agree to the terms of service of these social media sites. Also, please note that entries containing vulgar or questionable content will be disqualified.
Winners will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received, and announced on social media by 5:00 PM on 3/20. Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries received, but no entrant may win more than one prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution, or transfers of prizes will be permitted. Winners must collect their prize at a Fresno County Public Library branch, and each winner will be contacted to determine which branch the prize is to be sent to for pickup. A prospective winner will be required to provide Fresno County Public Library with his/her/their name, library card number, and telephone number or email address, for purposes of determining eligibility and prize administration.
Additionally, winners agree that Fresno County Public Library may use their posted photos, and any associated identification (ex. Twitter handle) for advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation (except where prohibited).
The Fresno County Public Library is not responsible for computer system, hardware, software, or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, or delayed computer transactions or network connections that affect the prize draw or your participation in it. Furthermore, the Fresno County Public Library is not responsible for:
- lost, misdirected, misplaced, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, or late entries
- any act, failure to act, or delay regarding the transmitting or processing of entries